Exceptionally rare semi-regulator floor standing clock made by James Condliff of Liverpool. Very fine mahogany case with carved mahogany hood surround and glazed full length door with original glass and lock. Original wood rod pendulum and weights. Finely made movement, quarter chiming on two bells and striking the hours on a single spiral gong and with deadbeat escapement and maintaining power. 14″ white painted dial with supplementary seconds dial. Cast brass bezel with bevelled glass panel.
James Condliff started his business in 1816 in Gerrard Street in Liverpool before moving to Circus Street, Fraser Street and later Clare Street. His business expanded to become one of the most successful in the country, particularly renowned for finely made skeleton clocks and regulators. Fully restored with one years guarantee. Ref: g0230.
|Maker||Condliff of Liverpool|